Did you know that happy employees are more productive? Yes, it’s true–and there is research to back it. A 2005 study by economists at the University of Warwick found that happiness led to a 12 percent spike in productivity, while unhappy workers proved 10 percent less productive. Translation: You really cannot afford to invest in your staff morale. Team-building activities are one way to foster a positive work environment. Here are a few easy and inexpensive ways to engage staff:
- Cooking class: Invite your team to a culinary class where you create a meal from start to finish. Then sit down to celebrate and enjoy the meal you’ve made together!
- Fitness challenge: The benefits are twofold here: better health and team bonding. Such an activity can be tailored specifically to fit the health and wellness needs of your group. Some ideas include a weight-loss challenge, a 5k, or a clean-eating challenge. These can all be done in a competitive way or with a group goal in mind.
- Get artsy: There are many painting studios popping up. A professional artist will guide you as you make a custom creation. Ask about off-site events and corporate discounts.
- Volunteer work: Giving back is good for everyone involved. Local food banks, shelters and youth organizations can guide you toward volunteer opportunities that fit the size and skills of your group.
- Dinner or lunch club: Kick back away from work for some food and fun. Rotate the hosting duties each month to enjoy different locations and specialties of their kitchens!
- Seasonal events: Don’t just have a team holiday party, plan seasonal events all year long. Summer is a great time for outdoor activities, like a picnic or BBQ. Just make sure you have a backup plan in cause of a inclement weather.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. You might consider other elements to enhance your event, like branded t-shirts. We are here to help.